Arlington Heights, Illinois
Welcome to Arlington Heights
It’s a village in Cook County, Illinois. It is popular for Arlington park race track in the village. It is famous for its rich collection of natural preserves and fauna. The city offers a great escape to the nature and wildlife. It offers exciting hiking, biking trails and also swimming facilities. The best time to explore the city is from May to August.
Where to visit
- Arlington Heights Park District (AHPD)– Arlington Heights Park District is one of the oldest and largest parks. It comes with two golf clubs and six outdoor pools.
- Recreation Park- Recreation Park is a community park. It also has indoor & outdoor pools & athletic courts/field.
- Arlington Heights Historical Museum- Arlington Heights Historical Museum is a museum having a collection of vintage & replica homes & businesses, dolls & dollhouses.
- Pioneer Park- Pioneer Park is a humungous park. It has facilities like a gymnasium, an outdoor pool, an ice rink, soccer fields & picnic areas.
- Frontier Park- Frontier Park is a public park. It is a park and a community center having gym & classes & also an outdoor pool.
- Ned Brown Preserve (Busse Woods)- Ned Brown Preserve is a forest along- side a lake. It features an elk habitat, a biking trail, boat rentals & large picnic groves.
- Melas Park- Melas Park Fields is famous for baseball, softball, soccer & football. It is also a kids' play area & a concession stand.
- Metropolis Performing Arts Center: it’s a theater with capacity of 350 people. Here you can enjoy live performance and shows.
- Busse Woods Trail System: it’s a trail surrounded by green forests. It’s a good place for hosting picnic and enjoy with family
- Lake Arlington: it’s a beautiful man-made lake. Here you can rent boat and enjoy in lake.
- North School Park: this park is good choice if you are travelling with your kids, they will enjoy here the most.
Where to stay
- Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Arlington Heights North- Courtyard is a present- day architecture. It is a 4-story hotel featuring an indoor pool, a business center & free Wi-Fi.
- Red Roof Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport Arlington Heights- Red Roof Inn is a modern architecture affordable hotel featuring free Wi-Fi, parking & coffee.
- Wingate by Wyndham Arlington Heights- Wingate is an ancient hotel with a fitness room, free Wi-Fi, a free airport shuttle & hot breakfast.
- Comfort Inn Arlington Heights - O’Hare- Comfort Inn has the most stylish rooms with a comfortable stay. It is a hotel with a gym, a free airport shuttle & hot breakfast.
- Motel 6 Chicago North Central Arlington Heights- Motel 6 is an affordable hotel with modern rooms, free morning coffee & free parking.